When you use or interact with a U.S. website, mobile app or other digital service (each a “Digital Service”) operated or owned by Hearst Communications, Inc., we and third parties may obtain certain information about you. In this Highlights section, we provide an overview of our privacy practices related to the Digital Services. Please review our full Privacy Notice below for a detailed explanation of our practices.
- Information you provide when you use the Digital Services, including when you sign up for newsletters, order subscriptions, create an account or register for a membership through the Digital Services. This may include your contact, payment or demographic information.
- Information you submit when you choose to participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, promotion, event or similar initiative.
- Information you give us about others, such as a friend’s contact information when you order a gift subscription.
- Information collected by automated means such as cookies or pixels. This may include information about your device and browser, including IP address or mobile device advertising identifiers, as well as information about how you and others use, interact with or respond to the Digital Services. This collection may take place while you are using a Digital Service or while the Digital Service is running in the background of your device.
- Precise location information associated with your device when location services are active.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as business partners, data suppliers and social media platforms.
Read more here.
How We Use Information We Obtain
- To process your requests and provide you with the Digital Services, including to deliver customized content or recommendations. Note that we use your payment card information (such as your card number and expiration date) for limited purposes such as to process your transaction (including recurring payments, if applicable), to provide you with the requested products or services and to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- To learn about users of the Digital Services and analyze how you and others interact with and respond to the Digital Services.
- To communicate with you, including to send you marketing and promotional communications.
- For advertising and marketing purposes, including to deliver interest-based ads, for cross-device linking and to analyze the performance of advertising and marketing activities.
- To protect our rights and the rights of others.
Sorry, comments are closed for this item.